Home Inspection is a Billion Dollar Field!
Since home inspection came on the real estate scene in the mid-1970s, consumer demand for the service has been growing. Home inspection is a young and growing professional, consulting service aimed at helping homebuyers make one of the biggest financial decisions of their lives. Savvy and demanding buyers want to know all they can about their potential homes before making their final decisions. As a result, the opportunity is there for you to succeed as a UNISPEC home inspector.
- EXTERIOR: grading, walls, coverings, patios & decks, patio covers, sidewalks & driveways, soffits & fascias, doors/windows & trim, gutters & downspouts, retaining walls, fences & gates.
- STRUCTURE: foundation, crawlspace, footings & columns, floors, walls, chimneys.
- ROOFING: structure, coverings, flashings, skylights, vent/stacks.
- ELECTRICAL: service entrance, grounding, panel & sub panels, branch circuits, outlets, GFCIs, circuit integrity.
- HEATING and A/C: description, combustion system, A/C components, supply & discharge lines, venting,
ductwork & registers, controls & thermostats.
- PLUMBING: main supply line, distribution lines, fixtures, vents & traps & drains, functional flow.
- INSULATION: attic, walls, crawlspace, floors, lines, ductwork, air & vapor barriers.
- INTERIOR: walls, ceilings, windows, floors, doors, stairs, fireplaces, smoke detectors.
- MAJOR APPLIANCES: microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove.